The NHF’s Mission and Values
Liberty, Equity, Fidelity, Security
Over 65 years ago these four powerful words were emblazoned on the original NHF shield by the National Health Federation’s founder, Fred Hart. They encompass the mission and vision of the NHF and serve as the foundation principles for our work done in the decades that have passed, and continue to this day through active participation in the setting of global policy for food, beverages, and nutritional supplements at Codex Alimentarius, the highest food-governing body in the world. As the world’s only sanctioned health-freedom group that is Codex-recognized with the right to attend and speak out at Codex meetings, the NHF is the most powerful, most effective advocacy organization of its kind able to influence policy affecting 7 billion people.
NHF Mission Statement
The Mission of the National Health Federation is at least three-fold:
1. To protect the health rights and freedom of individuals and healthcare practitioners, including but not limited to access to safe foods and drinks, and dietary supplements in therapeutic values for optimal health, as well as freedom of choice and true informed consent in all matters concerning healthcare, treatments, and therapy. Individual rights in health must at all times be respected and honored.
2. To educate consumers, producers, healthcare professionals, and government and other leaders about health and healing modalities and how to secure and preserve health and health freedom.
3. To provide expert and positive representation in all matters relating to health and health freedom at international Codex Alimentarius meetings as the only health-freedom organization actively shaping global policy to protect food, drink, nutritional supplements, and our general health.
NHF Declaration of Health-Freedom Rights
The following rights and freedoms are basic to all individuals:
1. The right to control our own bodies – to decide what food, drink, and medicines to take and use, and what food, drink, and medicines not to take.
2. The right to supplement our diets with vitamins, minerals, herbs, amino acids, and enzymes without government restrictions.
3. The right to receive alternative medicine and treatments (such as those provided by chiropractors, acupuncturists, naturopathic doctors, massage therapists, and clinical nutritionists) without government restrictions.
4. The right of alternative medical practitioners to determine and use those treatments best suited for their patients without government restrictions.
5. The right of manufacturers and distributors of dietary supplements to provide truthful research and label information about the benefits of supplements and other health aids.
6. The right to discuss and disseminate truthful natural-health information. The FDA, the FTC, and other government agencies should not be allowed to prevent health organizations such as the National Health Federation from disseminating this vital information.
7. Freedom from international Codex Alimentarius Commission standards that would greatly restrict all of the above rights on behalf of a small elite that has gained control of governmental health agencies. We view this and other governmental actions as the greatest threats to our health freedom today.
8. The freedom to eat clean, fresh food without pesticides, hormones, antibiotics, poisons, or irradiation.
9. The right to breathe clean air and to drink water free of harmful chemicals such as fluoride.
10. The right to protect ourselves and our children from unnecessary and often dangerous, childhood vaccines.
11. The right of our military men and women to refuse to submit to mandatory vaccines such as anthrax.
12. The right to keep our medical records private and confidential.